OIL STATES MCS LIMITED
Oil States MCS Limited provides specialist services to the offshore Oil and Gas industry. Remotely operated underwater equipment is designed, built and tested at our Barrow facility prior to operation in the North Sea and other locations worldwide during the installation and decommissioning of offshore structures.
Due to the continued growth of the company, we are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Head of Engineering
Due to promotion in the Engineering Department, an opportunity has arisen for a Head of Engineering to oversee the Engineering function of our Barrow-in-Furness oil and gas service facility.
In this key role, reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee the Engineering department and provide support to the project managers in both the Tubular Expansion and Abrasive Water-Jet Cutting areas of the business, ensuring standards are maintained and that deadlines are met. In addition, you will ensure that designs are fit for purpose and in line with Oil States MCS Limited’s quality procedures, relevant Health and Safety legislation and European Directives. Your duties and responsibilities will also include the following:
• Supervision of engineering personnel and associated activities on a daily basis.
• Carrying out technical contract reviews, assignment of equipment and personnel to each project in consultation with the Project Managers.
• Carrying out regular engineering/design reviews with assigned Project Teams.
• Checking and approval of engineering drawings, calculations, project documents, QA/operational procedures and work instructions.
• Assuring the competency of Onshore & Offshore Engineering personnel.
• Supporting the development of new business opportunities both on and offshore and promoting company services.
• Providing support for preparing effective and accurate quotations, tenders and bid documents for the provision of company services and in-house capital expenditure.
• Supporting the development and implementation of the QMS and continually improving its effectiveness.
• Ensuring engineering related activities are undertaken and documented in accordance with the company QA system.
• Fulfilling responsibilities under the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and ensuring so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of the team.
• Providing technical support to sales, QA and workshop.
• Client and third party liaison.
• Recruiting and selecting engineering personnel.
• You will be qualified to BSc or BEng level in a mechanical engineering discipline with significant experience in providing engineering support to a heavy engineering service company (oil and gas industry experience
not essential). Ideally, your knowledge and experience will include stress analysis and hand-calculations and you will have a good knowledge of materials properties and hydraulic systems.
• Your ability to work with others will be such that you can achieve results by effective leadership and people management skills in a demanding,
• Possess NVQ level 5 or 6 in management or a willingness to undertake the qualification or professional membership of a management institution.
• Knowledge of the New Approach Directives, specifically machinery and
PED would be a distinct advantage.
The positions are permanent, based at Barrow. The remuneration package includes a basic salary, profit related bonus, Company pension scheme and a healthcare membership plan. Overtime payment is paid for all positions with the exception of Head of Engineering.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2013.
Please apply in writing enclosing your CV and salary expectations to: Debbie Grundill, HR Assistant, Oil States MCS Limited, Bouthwood Road, Sowerby Woods, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 4HB or e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org