We are seeking a Workshop Manager who shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations within the workshop and yard areas of the business. The position not only requires personnel management but the control of maintenance, build and testing activities of the company’s products. The nature of the business requires that efficient production schedules are prepared, agreed and maintained in order to meet client requirements.Key Responsibilities:
• Supervision of Workshop activities and delegation of responsibilities where necessary to Team Leaders.
• Evaluates the competency of Workshop Technicians for Workshop and Offshore operations.
• Commitment to the development and implementation of the QMS and continually improving its effectiveness.
• Control and management of QA documentation associated with Workshop activities in accordance with the Company QA system.
• Control and management of HSE documentation associated with Workshop activities in accordance with the Company HSE policy. To ensure so far as is
reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of the team.
• Ensuring all Workshop related lifting equipment and hydraulic/pneumatic pressure systems hold valid test certificates.
• Maintaining services records for the Workshop crane, vehicles and plant.
• To evaluate the level of operations required for meeting project mobilisation schedules and adjusting resources accordingly.
• Review processes and procedures with a view to reducing equipment preparation times and costs and increasing the efficiency of the Workshop operations.
• Produce weekly status report on work in progress.
• Prepare justification reports for capital expenditure on additional or replacement Workshop equipment as required.
• Selection & recruitment of Workshop personnel.
• Verifying Workshop orders.
• Approval of Workshop personnel timesheets.
• To develop and support the team through planning and activities.
• To identify, review and improve development activities for individuals directly through the Appraisal system.
• 10 year’s experience preferably gained in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment at least 4 years of which are at a supervisory level.
• HNC in a mechanical or production discipline.
• Possess NVQ level 4 in management or a willingness to undertake the qualification or professional membership of a management institution.
• A suitable H&S qualification is desirable.